We recently announced a great addition to our team in Tarun Chandran, who joined us as General Counsel.
Tarun lives in Chicago, Illinois with his wife, Liz, and their children, Leila and Theo. Tarun and his family enjoy traveling, spending time in the great outdoors, and enjoying all the restaurants, museums and festivals that Chicago has to offer.
Let’s get to know Tarun a little better with some ‘rapid-fire’ questions:
- Where were you born: Bangalore, India
- Website you visit the most: The New York Times
- Something you say frequently: “By that I mean…”
- iPhone or Android: iPhone
- Favorite phone app: Tough one! Probably Outlook.
- First job: An admin at the Michigan Interscholastic Forensics Association, which ran speech and debate activities for high schools in Michigan (not the other kind of forensics).
- First thing you do when you get to the office: Answer email.
- How do you take your coffee: Cream, no sugar.
- Fun fact about yourself: My middle name is just an initial.
- Favorite thing to do on a Saturday: Watch a movie.
- Cats or Dogs: Dogs.
- What would you sing at Karaoke night: American Pie (very badly!)
- Do you have a nickname, what is it: No. I kind of wish I had a good one
- The movie that traumatized me most as a kid was: Any scary movie, and not just as a kid.
- If you had an unlimited storage of one thing, what would it be: Movie facts?
- Favorite brick and mortar business (local or national): Too many to choose from! The Warbler (local restaurant).
- Can you play any instrument: Not even a little.
- What is your favorite snack: Gummi bears!
Welcome Tarun, we are thrilled to have you as part of the Foundation!