Judy has been an indispensable part of our company’s journey and success for the past 10 years. We are beyond grateful for her commitment, passion, and excitement. For the past 10 years, Judy has committed to ensuring her senior residents have access to health and wellness care, case management support, social events, and has decreased isolation within her properties. Judy’s passion and compassion for people is what drives her to educate and empower her residents and communities.
Judy has maintained successful food distributions throughout her properties, hosted fun Bingo events, and has played a big part in creating beautiful, green gardens at her properties. Judy loves celebrating with her residents by putting together fun social events and monthly birthday celebrations! Judy always finds a way to keep her residents informed, whether it is hosting informational workshops, inviting professionals to present on important topics, or providing resources to her residents! From hosting a Breast Cancer Charity Drive to doing outings, Judy always has her residents needs and interests in mind!
Judy is loved by her residents and peers alike! As one of her residents said, “[Judy] truly has a heart of gold.” Terry Romero expressed his gratitude for Judy as well, “We can definitely say we love our Resident Services Coordinator Judy Frye. She is such a delight to have around. She is caring and thoughtful to us and our needs, always helping where and when needed.” We couldn’t agree more!
Get to Know Judy
We asked Judy to answer the rapid-fire questions as well!
- Where were you born: Detroit
- Website you visit the most: Amazon & Facebook
- Something you say frequently: I’m grateful
- iPhone or Android: Android
- Favorite phone app: I don’t really have one
- First job: It was either a typist at North American Aviation or a floor clerk at White Front
- First thing you do when you get to the office: Check office email and Slack messenger
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be: Helping people in as many ways as possible, this one, or as an Immigration paralegal, what I worked at for at least 20 years. I have also been a volunteer at my local hospital for ten years, started there just a few months before FFAH. It is so satisfying to help people.
- Fun fact about yourself: Connie says I am tireless, always ‘on the go,’ 7 days a week
- Favorite thing to do on a Saturday: Shopping with Connie
- Cats or Dogs: Cats, none at present
- What would you sing at Karaoke night: Anything by the Everly Brothers
- Do you have a nickname, what is it: I do, but it was my dad’s name for me, it’s a secret
- The movie that traumatized me most as a kid was: Soylent Green and Birds
- If you had an unlimited storage of one thing, what would it be: Music CD’s
- Favorite brick and mortar business (local or national): Well, since I am there 3-4 days a week, must be Walmart
- Can you play any instrument: No
- What is your favorite snack: Salty things, cashews, potato chips, pretzels
Judy, we cannot wait to see the impact you will continue to make on our company! FFAH and Embrace thanks you for 10 great years!